Thursday, July 14, 2005

Losing Body Fat Before Bulking

I'm out of shape and haven't been to the gym in about a year...If I hit the gym to do heavy cardio and started my diet to tone up and drop some body fat a few weeks before I started taking the supplements, would that make me more toned as I gain the weight back from the supplements? (from Johnny)
It depends on your body fat level whether or not you would benefit from doing a cutting routine to start off. Generally, if you are over 15% you should consider it. The problem with using that number, of course, is getting an accurate measure of your body-fat level which is pretty much an impossible task. So basically, you just need to look in the mirror and make a decision. The longer you keep fat on the harder it is to take off - the fat you put on while bulking will come off much easier than the fat you now have.

Perhaps its not true, but reading your question makes me think you are buying into supplement hype. So, again, remember that supplements are only a minor part of the muscle building equation. Your weight training and dieting will be the major parts and where you should place your emphasis.

Once you get going, make sure you are continuing to monitor your progress not only by the scale, but by body fat and body-tape measurements. Many, if not most, don't do this, only measuring progress by the scale. The scale will only tell you so much. Incorporating the other measurements into your program will put you miles ahead of others.

Body Fat Percentages: Understanding, Calculating and Using Your Number

Maintaining a Fitness Tracking Program

JP Clifford

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First! What a great blog!! I been in the gym for 7 months now, it started slow, losing mostly fat, im not very over weight. My problem is this..i been realy training hard, lifting the eights and icreasing the weigt aswell. my arms and chest are growing nicely..but!! My waist line is still not coming to the pary!! I dnt do much cardiowork, it makes me loose alot of energy, i concentrate my energy levels mostly on the weight training. I dnt want a sux pack, i jst want a flat stomach and a well developed upper body. I have fallen in Love with my arms, they are looking great!! Please can u gime some tips on the waist line. I do use protein shakes, anbolic tabs, and a hydrocut tab. Do these suplements contradict the fact of loosing fat?? Cheers!! Gert

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home